- Due to sheer size of this tournament; THIS IS A SINGLE ELIMINATION
TOURNAMENT - All teams play a minimum of two games.
- Each team must consist of four players. All team members
must be at least 19 years of age
- A team must field four players within 5 minutes of the scheduled start of
the game or forfeit the match.
- Choose a spokesperson to call the coin throw.
the spokesperson to call heads or tails when you throw the coin in the air.
- The team that wins the coin toss may start
the game by choosing the boccini or allow the loosing team to start by giving them the boccini. The team without the boccini
chooses the color of the balls that they wish to play with.
- Make certain the the players know the basic rules of the
game. Explain the time frame and your role as a referee to measure and declare the points. Explain the hash marks (lines)
at the ends and center of the Bocci pit. The Boccini must come to a stop beyond the halfway point. The player may not throw
his/her bocci ball from any point ahead of the end line. If the boccini goes into the "kitchen" at the opposite
end it must be thrown again.
- Note the names of your team and the time of the start of the match. All games will play
to 15 points or 30 minutes. At the 25 minute mark in the game, the referee will indicate that the last end is due to
- Finals will be played to 15 points with no time limit.
- Points are counted and measured by determining
which colour of ball has the greatest number closest to the bocinni inside of the opposing colour. ie: if there are two green
balls right next to the bocinni and then one red ball slightly further away with a third green ball farther out again, the
count will be two points for the green. The scoring team starts the next end.
- The referee will measure from the bocinni
to the bocci ball to determine the closest ball when the point is in question. Measurements will be made edge-to-edge
to the inside. Only team captains can be inside the pit during a measurement by the referee.
- The referee will
make the first move to conclude the end by causing the balls to be sent to the end of the pit (the kitchen) for the next throws.
Only one team member is allowed on the pit at once.
- The referee will note the score for each team and provide the
team names and results to the communal scorekeeper in the center. The referee will pick up the boccini at the end of
each game and pass to the next referee as needed.
- In the event of rain or other severe weather: Keep Playing!
- There will be no "rain delays" or extensions to game play. (Unless we
get another Tornado)
- If your team does not play or stops play then you FORFEIT the game.
decisions of your referee are final.
- Any team abusing a referee will be removed from
- Play safe & have Fun!